Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane... I know when I'll be back...

So today is the day.  A year and a half of planning. Changing travel companions and destinations, amount of time... But it's here.  For real.  WEIRD!! In ten minutes I will be leaving my house, getting on a bus and going to O'hare.  Big Scary O'Hare but it was several hundred cheaper for a flight.  I've just always flown out of Minneapolis/St. Paul so I know nothing about the airport.

There was a scare with the ticket reservations for our train rides but UPS was amazing and I was able to pick them up this morning.  Otherwise? Goodbye $400.  So for future reference: buy both train passes AND reservations several months in advance.  Learn from my mistake.  Also, reservations are REQUIRED for certain trains so make sure to plan all that out well in advance.

Regardless they are in my possession, along with our train passes and all other important documents needed.  So Bon Voyage United States.Bonjour!/Hello!/Halo/Guten Tag/Hallo to Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment