Monday, November 23, 2009

Babies and Stuff

I've been thinking about kids a lot lately.  Not that I'm at all ready for them.  Just thinking about why people have kids.  Why society wants us to have them.  The pressure of society to have them.

My cousin has kids but does he deserve them? His little boy Alex is so bright and so quizzical and I just want to save him from the mess his parents life is.  I hope that help from other family members will balance out his life and give him the help he needs to succeed.

I hate to think that people have children and can't care for them.  There should be a test or something.  Or at least mandatory classes on how to raise children.  I'm not saying everyone needs to raise their children the same just with guidelines for parents.  Like: Vegetables are important, Fruit, Grain, etc.  Feed them correctly.  Play with them, read to them.  All of these things seem basic to me but so few kids get all this.  I look at how advanced Kellyn is at a year and a half to how far behind Alex is at a year older than her.

I wish I could help them.  Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment