Sunday, August 30, 2009

Love and Marriage

Some of my friends are getting ready to get married. Like in the next couple of months.

Becky got engaged and they're getting married three months from now. Not even I think it's in November or October.

When Pat was talking to Smude before his wedding Smude said that they loved each other so why wait?

Why then?

Because it's not about sex people.

Because before I'm a "We", I want to be a "Me"

Because I refuse to marry someone I have not lived with, what if we can't live together? What if our little nuances of living are too much for the other to bear?

I want to have a nice wedding, it'll be one of the only times I get to have an actual party like the kind you dream about when you're watching Disney movies. I want to be the Princess walking to my Prince charming and eating cake and dancing the night away. And unless both sets of parents agree to pay for whatever I want then I need to be working to get the party I'm looking forward to.

I plan on loving and staying married to the same man for my whole life. I also plan to live to about 70 or 80 years old. So why do I need to rush marriage when we're together now and I'm hoping we'll be together for the next 50 or 60 years.

I want to enjoy dating, and then enjoy living together, and then enjoy being engaged, and then enjoy being married. Why would I rush something that I enjoy doing? I want to bask in the glow of each stage of my relationship, I want to learn to love each stage because of the person I'm with.

No comments:

Post a Comment