Friday, August 13, 2010

1pt

I was 1 pt away from winning Reserve High Point P/S. At the show.  1 measly little point.  Oh well. I had an amazing show I was rocking on English day with firsts, seconds and thirds and other random placings.  Middle day I had one bad trail pattern and one better trail pattern.  Sprat refused in my hunter hack class but he jumped before it so at least he did it.  And we got disqualified in Show Hack because people are mean and no one told me that the rule changed for show hack that you need to have two numbers.  It's a long story.

And then western day Gail came down and coached me and brought with her one of her clients $2,000 bridles.  Gorgeous.  I had some very nice Western classes and I kinda placed all over the place but it got better and better and now I know how I should be riding him for western and Gail knows what we need to work on for him.

Overall it was a good show.  I am really really going to miss being the queen.  I love all that I get to do for it. I love talking to people and introducing them to the club.  I love that little girls stare at me in awe.  It's a powerful thing.  But I will not be queen after this next banquet.  But I hope someone will.

No comments:

Post a Comment